Who We Are
Trenton Christian School offers our students excellence in Christian education, authentic learning experiences, and builds partnerships with the greater community.
Trenton Christian School offers an enriched Christ centered curriculum which educates students from a diverse Christian community enabling them to develop and use their talents in God’s world.
In 1956, Trenton Christian School was founded by a group of parents wanting to impress on their children that all creation has its being in God, including the area of education.
We offer a school that promotes the importance of Christian principles and morals, a school that offers a variety of instruction within a program that integrates faith and learning.
Through our motto ‘Learning is for Service’, we will continue to develop our children so they become knowledgeable and competent disciples of Jesus.
As a community we will continue to serve by investing our gifts of time, talent, and finances to endow the next generation with a solid foundation of Christian education.
Our educational program begins with Junior Kindergarten through to Grade 8. Our philosophy is founded on Christian beliefs such as:
Our curriculum includes a course selection of Bible, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social and Environmental Studies, French, Art, Music, Computers and Physical Education. We also offer Guidance and Family Life Studies, Resource and Enrichment Programs, and ESL (English as a Second Language).
Our school is committed to providing enriched, quality, educational standards which have enabled us to continually exceed the Canadian Test of Basic Skills at all levels.
Our curriculum comes primarily from the Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools and Christian Schools International. The topics are infused with Christ focused examples and taught in ways that lead children to discover the Lordship of Jesus in all of life.
Our school community brings together Christian families from a variety of denominational backgrounds. Although many of our founders had come from a Reformed background, we today are not connected with any particular church or denomination. At present our school has families from over fifteen churches from around our geographic area.
Parents, volunteers, grandparents, staff, students and friends all make up the wonderful TCS community. Parents are encouraged and appreciated for their volunteer time whether in the classroom, field trips, committee service, or event planning. There is always something fun going on a TCS.
As a school we promote our motto, ‘Learning is for Service’, by participating in programs and events in the local community such as: Choir Singing, Musical Band performances, Food Bank Drives, Humanity Efforts, Community Earth Day, to name just a few.
TCS is considered an important component to the Quinte West Community, therefore; we continually work at providing the best services in education at all times. In 2004, TCS was awarded The Canadian Hallmark Institute Designation for Excellence in Education and has been named a finalist for The Canadian Donner Foundation Award for Excellence in the Delivery of Social Services for 2004 and 2006.
- Edifide, which is an organization that began in 1952 as Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools, and provides an umbrella for over 75 schools and 12,000 students. Edifide supports its members with curriculum development, school development, education, legal and organizational advice.
- Christian Schools International (CSI), which headquarters in Grand Rapids Michigan, is a service organization for some 400 Christian Schools in Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
- Christian School Foundation, the Christian school movement now has a powerful new tool to connect the blessings of God with the kingdom of God. The Christian School Foundation, established in July 2014 through the amalgamation of three existing foundations, offers the most effective and transparent way for donors to ensure their gifts have lasting value and their legacy has lasting impact.The Christian School Foundation pulls together experts in financial planning, tax law and estate planning to offer a range of inspiration, information and services to donors and their advisors so that gifts to the Christian school movement are received and managed in a stewardly and God-honouring way. It also works with its member schools to ensure that the stories of God’s faithfulness and blessing are collected and shared.
Membership at TCS
- To participate in discussions and to exercise one vote per member in elections
- To nominate candidates for board positions
- To be eligible to serve on the Board of Directors
- To be eligible to serve on Core Operational Committees
- To be regular attendees and active participants in a Christian Church
- To provide a Pastoral reference letter of recommendation
- Upon approval from the Board of Directors, you will be welcomed into the TCS Membership Association.